Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Alien Bees & Pocket Wizards.

So I finally did it and purchased an AlienBee B1600 with the Vagabond II Power Pack and 2 Pocket Wizard Transceivers. I have been learning a ton of new lighting techniques but also have a few of my own that I can't wait to try out. You will most likely see me everywhere in the next few weeks as I test out these babes on location. If you want to come out and join me DO IT! I don't mind sharing. I am really excited to see how my photography will grow in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Darren said...

I have been learning a lot as well. It is like a new world of light. If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you picked Alien Bees? I am debating and just wondering.

Brian Hall said...

I went with AlienBee's because they are inexpensive, light, easy to use, full power recycle rate is 2 seconds (something small compared to everything but important!), and they have been highly recommended by other photographers I know who use them and love them. I've seen a lot of work done by using their lights and I really like the results so for the price you just can't beat it. I went with the 1600w because now I have a full range of power from my 580EX II to the full 1600 watts. I hope that helps a little.