Sunday, November 23, 2008

Before And After: Women's Prison.


This is another photo I took from the Prison. I wanted to show you a before and after. Now some of you may think that I spend a long time editing each and every photo. BUT! You'd actually be mistaken, yes, wrong. I probably spent, at most, five minutes editing this photo all together. I vignetted the corners and color corrected slightly in RAW (just enough to take out the green shift but still leave a mood). I then opened it and added a slight "Popular High Contrast" Trick that takes a few seconds with a few Apple J's and Opacity changes till you get what you like. I adjusted the levels to rid the last bit of haze. I then added a new Burn & Dodge Layer in 50% Gray and dodged the chair, below the cot, around some corners, and burnt some edges a little more. Whether is sounds complicated or not, it's not. I know it's easier to be shown so if anyone ever wants any help, I'm no pro yet, but if you like what I did, I have no problem trying to help. I still see some things I could do make it a little "more better" but I thought someone would enjoy an example of a quick fix. (Nothing was taken out or put in, basically what you can do in the dark room, just a lot faster.)

2 comments:

ryan tyrl said...

Word! You did a great job on this photo. What's the "popular high contrast" trick? I'm retarded with PS!

Brian Hall said...

I'll have to show you in class. It's really fun and adds a nice feel.